We’re looking for a graphic designer to join our young and growing team at Meraqi. A graphic designer at Meraqi will work on a variety of products and activities, such as social media posts, websites, advertising, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual ‘brand’.
You’ll work to a brief agreed with the client, creative director or account manager and will develop creative ideas and concepts. The appropriate media and style has to be chosen to meet the client’s objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
PS – You will have to get yiur hands dirty with a lot of things!
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work working with Account Managers
- Developing design briefs that suit the client’s purpose;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (cad) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- 3-4 years’ experience in an agency or similar setup
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Up to date with the latest design trends and best practice in the industry
- Plus, if you know MailChimp, Wordpress, Drupal and a bit of HTML and CSS
Please apply with your portfolio to email@example.com