The eBook industry is in its early stages and is evolving rapidly. We are looking for excellent software engineers to join us in consistently improving our customer experience towards our goal of “Every book, ever printed, in any language, all available in less than 60 seconds.”
The Kindle Store team builds and operates the Kindle books shopping experience across platforms around the world. This includes the shopping experience on the retail website, all e-ink and Kindle Fire devices and Kindle reading apps. Our charter is to build a store that makes it easy for customers to find content that is relevant to them.
As an engineer on this team, you will be working with a strong team of motivated engineers with relentless focus on the common goal of building the next generation Kindle Store. Under their guidance and mentorship, you will focus on delivering value to millions of customers, innovating to minimize and eliminate the barriers between customers and the content they love to read.
As a Web Development Engineer, you will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with product managers and designers and convert their vision into technical solution. You will collaborate with other Web Developers and Software Engineers to deliver inspiring customer facing products. You will also guide the team on web/ mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions you build.
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
- Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Perl)
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization