Offshore development centre, Ahmedabad, India.Headquarters: Kansas City, KSQuark Studios is looking for a back-end developer with at least one year advanced WordPress development experience for its Ahmedabad Office. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the website, theme and plugin development field and is knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. Applicants should be passionate about WordPress and eager to learn and grow with our company.Please note: This is not an entry-level position. Experienced programmers only. Candidates will be required to take an onsite WordPress coding exercise.Your job duties will include:
- Developing WordPress plugins, custom functionality, and themes.
- Developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based applications
- Supporting clients in a fast paced environment
- Using bug tracking, project tracking, and Git.
- A variety of miscellaneous development tasks involved in the web development life cycle from start to finish.
- Heavy lifting data, migrations, etc.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and grow as business grows
- Experience using Git.
Types of projects we’re doing lately:
- WordPress websites, mainly (some with and some without a blog) for large and enterprise-level businesses, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with eCommerce (WooCommerce experience is a plus)
- WordPress Multisite
- Membership sites with WordPress
- Monday through Friday
- Office casual dress code.
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Pay rate is based on experience and abilities
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering.
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them.
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be.
- Excellent time management and ability to work, remotely, on a deadline and on multiple projects at once.
- Great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic, and customer service skills.
No third parties or outsourcing agencies will be considered.