This is a new role within the Bangalore based Product team.
The Technical Writer will work as an integral member of product team to ensure the language within EngagementHQ and supporting material is professional, consistent, clear and accessible, engaging and relevant to our specific administrative users.
You will need to be able to work with minimal immediate direct supervision and support, in a highly collaborative environment.
The core responsibilities of the Technical Writer are to:
- Review, create and maintain all micro-copy within the EngagementHQ application in plain English suitable for all of our key markets.
- Review create and maintain all Help Desk content, particularly relating to software changes and new feature releases.
- Create template based software update email newsletters for administrative users.
- Write plain-English media-release style notes for projects that emphasize the client or community benefits of new features or software changes.
- Write occasional blog content about the technical aspects of our develop processes.
- Demonstrate outstanding plain-English writing ability in both US and universal English.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of outstanding technical writing skills specifically in relation to online software micro-copy and instructional material.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and analytical ability in order to develop, implement and communicate your plans.
- Demonstrate a high level inter-personal communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with off-shore clients in clear English.
- Visual design skills would be a benefit in creating both Help-Desk and Email Newsletter content.
- Ability to use a variety of CMS (if possible Zendesk and Wordpress).
- Ability to use email newsletter software.
- Appropriate tertiary degree
- Minimum five years post-tertiary experience.
- The Technical Writer reports directly to the Manager of Indian Operations, and works closely with each of the local Product Managers as well as the Australian based Client Experience Manager and EngagementHQ Digital Marketing Coordinator.