You are one who is passionate to make a positive impact despite all odds. You are sincere to help a company grow and thrilled when you made the difference. You are not afraid to be competitive and duel it out with the big boys/girls. You are the one we’re looking for.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Filter and “clean” data, and review.
• Locate and define new process improvement computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs, opportunities and troubleshooting issues within the organisation based on data.
• Someone with 3-5 years of experience or more is a plus although not compulsory.
• Proven working experience as a data analyst.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Adept at queries, report writing and drawing proposals.
• Experience within the online advertising industry a plus although not compulsory.
• Knowledge in pivot tables & vlook up a plus.
• Proficiency / advanced skills in using the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experience using database systems and SQL to handle large database.
• Familiar working with databases and database management tools.
• Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) skill is a plus.
• Good communication skills with the ability to translate data into presentable tables, charts, and reports.
• Qualification (optional). E.g. BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics.