You will play a key role in the strategic direction of our start-up non-profit with a strong focus on driving our financial sustainability. You will work with a small team of committed individuals to build networks, raise funds from major donors and our existing members, manage our fundraising using technology solutions, as well as facilitate innovations in our fundraising. You will be a part of senior management working with board to help realise our mission.
The responsibilities will include:
● To develop a fundraising strategy that is mission-aligned and can sustain our ambitions as an organisation.
● To lead the execution of the fundraising strategy.
● Maintain our fundraising base with existing major donors and members and keep them engaged and contributing to the organisation.
● Expand our fundraising base to grow our income.
● Innovate and build new mission-aligned fundraising streams for the organisation.
● Oversee and improve the efficiency of existing processes, systems and operations.
● Track donor prospecting and giving using a fundraising CRM
● Positively contribute to the management team and the strategy and direction of the organisation.
● Commitment to social justice and Jhatkaa’s mission
● Experience developing and delivering fundraising strategies.
● Proven fundraising skills and ability to achieve financial targets.
● Experience with all types of fundraising – including digital, tele-fundraising etc.
● Experience working with a fundraising CRM
● Excellent organisational skills.
● Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent presentation skills
● Excellent staff management and interpersonal skills
● Ability to motivate staff, colleagues, volunteers and external supporters
● High standard of computer competency and literacy
Candidates must be self-driven and excited about the challenge in a new start up organisation. Jhatkaa has a fast paced, collaborative work culture. You should be ready to face new challenges at a start up and be completely ego-less.
Fluency in English and at least one other Indian language are needed. Fluency in other languages will be an advantage.
The salary will be matched accordingly as per salary history/experience and based upon performance in selection process but as a start up we won’t be able to pay on a very high scale.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and we will consider all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, caste, religion, sexual orientation, age or physical disability.