Amazon Appstore Ingestion Team is responsible for several Android developer facing services, websites, and portals which drive the selection and submission process for Amazon Appstore. As a Web Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing a fresh, responsive GUI, taking UX to the next level, and delivering user interface components. You will work closely with SDEs from multiple teams for integration with back-end web services in SOA setup, contributing to a shared framework development, and setting best practices across the organization. Your work will have a direct impact on developer experience, app submission process, and Appstore selection.
- 5 to 10 years of experience developing websites and web applications.
- Knowledge of cross platform / browser compatibility issues and how to overcome it with top of the line UX.
- JSON/AJAX interfaces with experience of rich client side applications.
- Optimization of web applications performance and page loading.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers, establish and promote best practices.
- Experience with MVC application frameworks specifically Spring, MVC, Ruby on Rails or PHP.
- Experience with QUnit, FuncUnit or other unit testing or BDD frameworks
- Strong sense of visual and UI design