The Senior Product Marketer is an integral member of the Product Marketing Team, who is not only dynamic but independent and motivated. Our Product Marketing team is responsible for developing and executing strategies that create value for our customers and drive growth of our company. The Product Marketer will work closely with Product Managers, Product Developers and Customers to scope business requirements and be able to convey the value of our products or solutions to the customers or various market segments via an optimal marketing mix.
• GTM Strategy & Product Launches – manage and execute on GTM strategy for relevant product portfolio, including new product launches and major releases. Preferably experience in handling early stage product go to market strategy is a big plus.
• Market & Competitive Intelligence – know our target audience (sharp focus on consumers), how they buy and their buying criteria; be an expert on the competition and how to crush them; keep abreast of industry trends, market influencers, as well as the general ecosystem of data, technology and partners.
• Product Positioning – define and document product hierarchy, messaging, core market differentiation; ensure positioning is consistently filtered through all channels of communications – internal & external (e.g. sales materials, website, PR & Analyst briefings, etc.)
• Content Generation – deliver high-quality product materials and collateral (brochures, sales decks, website copy), as well as thought leadership materials in the form of blog articles, whitepapers, eBooks, videos, web pages, to support demand generation campaigns and sales cycles
• SEO – deliver a solid SEO strategy to ensure a regular flow of organic traffic through various channels such as search engine. He/she must possess a sound understanding of how to optimize content from keyword and long tail perspective and possibly work with SEO specialist to get the strategy implemented. A thorough understanding of link building and how it impacts organic ranking on Search Engines is a must have.
• Demand Generation – support and work with an extended marketing team on lead generation activities, including trade shows, email campaigns, hosted events, etc., with messaging and collateral and ensure sales has appropriate follow up materials to execute on leads
• Drive user acquisition & audience engagement with specific focus on digital marketing tactics – build partnerships to amplify product positioning and differentiators; drive measurement of engagement and adoption by working with engineering as needed; support external engagement and outreach with unique messaging and content as needed.
• Email marketing: a sound understanding of email marketing and how to craft a compelling email campaign before and after events, tradeshows, product releases or any other milestones.
• Sound understanding of app marketing and paid marketing – drive the overall app marketing and paid marketing strategy with the aid of app marketing specialist and paid marketing specialist in order to generate traffic leading to app download, retention and engagement
• Working with cross functional teams to launch website – maintain steady web presence by delivering a solid website strategy and working with graphic designers, content writers and web development team to deliver a solid website for new products. Also should have ability to drive refinements and continuous updates on web pages to keep content fresh, engaging and relevant for the target audience
• Sound understanding of developing and driving community engagement – drive the community engagement through online and offline campaign and keep community highly engaged and loyal to the brand
Education & Background
• Bachelor’s required – Degree in CS preferred; MBA in Marketing with minimum 7 years of work experience in delivering GTM strategy for early stage products
• Hands-on technical product marketing experience at a technology, analytics, or information/data provider; or equivalent industry experience at a tech consulting company
• Demonstrated track record of prior success in launching new technology products to the market
Knowledge and Skills
• Understanding of technology based products & ability to translate the technical knowledge to business value
• Experience crafting marketing messages and differentiating products in crowded market space
• Experience gathering customer requirements and market intelligence and synthesizing information to inform product expansion
• Crisp communication and writing skills including the ability to succinctly and effectively explain complex data, analytics, and technology concepts; you should be at ease presenting to both internal and external audiences
• Comfort in working with cross-functional teams, including sales, engineering, and senior executives
• A passion for technology marketing and selling to both business & technology executives
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and able to switch between being fast and loose: fast to operate in a deadline-oriented work environment; loose to operate in an incubation mode that may not be deadline-oriented.
• Strong team orientation manifesting as a competitive desire to win first as a team; and then as an individual.