A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in telecommunications, computer science, electrical engineering or closely related field.
Five years of experience in wireless telecommunications performing work related to Wireless system administration, Microwave backhaul design and support, public safety radio system administration and support, P25 digital radio system acquisition, telephone service ordering, and/or coordinating the maintenance or operation of large voice communications systems. Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Two-Way Radio and Broadband Wireless Communications Systems, including P25 Land Mobile Radio (LMR) System and 4G LTE systems.
- IP based large scale network deployments, integration, operations and support.
- Voice (including voice messaging), video, and data communications systems, performance capabilities, and evaluative techniques used to determine telephone, video, and data communications service requirements.
- Trends and current developments in the wireless communications field, including methods, procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Rules, codes, regulations, and laws applicable to the wireless telecommunications sector.
- Rate structures and billing procedures of communications common carriers.
- Report preparation.
- Design, plan, and specify a Wireless Communications System.
- Plan, coordinate, and track complex projects.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer.